Lavender Lemon Poppyseed Waffles

7:23 AM

In my house, I live with two men. When it comes to breakfast, a hearty meat and egg filled dish is usually what wins the vote in our house. But on the rare occasion I get to make breakfast for myself, with no thought of the testosterone filled men in my life, waffles is what I always default to. I love a fluffy, crisp waffle that you can load up with delicious toppings. These waffles are special due to several unusual ingredients and I think you will find them to be a nice little wander away from your every day waffles. 


Ingredients: 
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 lemon
2 eggs
2 Tbs cane sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp lavender salt 
poppy seeds 

Melt your coconut oil in microwave until it is in liquid form. Add that to a large bowl. Zest and juice your lemon into that bowl as well. Add your eggs, sugar, and milk, then wisk until combined. Add your flour, baking powder & soda, salt, and then add a few tsp of poppy seeds until you reach an amount that looks good to you. Simply pour your batter into a preheated waffle iron, and cook until crisp and golden. This will make about 4 full sized waffles. 



The combination of the zesty lemon with the floral notes of the lavender salt, make this a breakfast you will not quickly forget. Don't forget to top with your favorite waffle toppings! You can add coconut, strawberries, syrup, whatever strikes your fancy. Bon Appetite! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments