Rainbow Ramen

6:15 AM

Growing up I always loved Ramen Noodles. Now that I have unfortunatley become an adult and am more aware of what I put into my body, I don't ever let myself buy Ramen Noodles. But I recently stumbled upon a way to make them at home, in a much healthier way! I call this rainbow ramen because of all the beautiful colors. Not only is the beautiful and delicious, its a very affordable meal as well. 


Ingredients: 
2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
6 ounces soba noodles 
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 head purple cabbage, diced into strips
1 onion, diced
1 brocoli crown
3 carrots, shredded 
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce 
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce

Directions: 
Heat your oil in a pan, add your chicken strips and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside. Add your vegetables to your pot and cook until soft and heated through. Meanwhile boil a pot of water and add your noodles to the pot. Boil for 3 minutes or so according to the package instructions. Remove your noodles and add them to the vegetables along with the chicken. Add the sesame oil and stir to prevent sticking. Mix together your ketchup, sugar, hot sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and worcestershire sauce. Once combined add it to your noodles and stir until everything is heated through and coated. Serve immediately. 



This is such a fun throw back dish updated for a more sophisticated palate and more nutrient rich without sacrificing any flavor. Let me know what you think! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments