Harambe Market Black Eyed Pea Corn Salad Recipe

5:47 AM

I must be on a copy cat recipe kit recently because this is my second one in just a matter of weeks. I think it has to do with some confidence that I am gaining in the kitchen recently. I love finding new recipes that I love at restaurants and trying to recreate them. This particular recipe hails from Disney's Animal Kingdom. The Harambe Market in the Africa section of this park has started serving a black eyed pea and corn salad that is just to die for. It hits all the right notes. Here is my take and my version that you can now enjoy from the comfort of your home. 


Ingredients: 
2 cans black eyed peas, rinsed
1 ear corn, cooked 
1/4 cup roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup celery stalk, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons safflower oil
1/2 tsp sugar 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
fresh lemon zest

Directions: mix all ingredients together, chill then serve. 

This can be stored for several days and makes a wonderful make ahead side dish. This salad is refreshing and good for you. It's got a great depth of flavor and a wonderful crunch. 

Enjoy!



You Might Also Like

0 comments