" THEIR DAYS MAY BE NUMBERED"

12:37 PM

Let me introduce the "boys", Stewart and Shish-kabobby. As the title might suggest, they aren't pets, but food. I know it sounds harsh, but November 2nd they will take that final ride to the butcher. This is my first attempt at eating what I raise. For those who say "I don't like lamb" you are missing out. I've posted a simple recipe on how to make the perfect lamb chops

from "Mario Batalli". If you have a fantastic lamb recipe, please share. I have a cousin in Payson who raises lambs and makes a lamb sausage. I'll let you know on that one.
Bon Appetit Peggy


GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

serves 4

3 lbs lamb rib chops (preferably organic, grass feed happy lambs like mine)
Zest of 3 lemons
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. each salt and pepper

In a food processor or a small bowl. combine the zest of 2 lemons (the rest of lemon for garnish)
sugar, mint and salt and pepper. Process until the mixture resembles sand. Rub each chop well. Cover the chops and set aside.

Preheat grill or broiler. Cook until medioun rare. About 5 minutes on each side. (internal temperature at about 130 on an instant read thermometer) garnish with remaining lemon zest. Serve with your favorite mint jelly

You Might Also Like

1 comments