"STILL SUSPICIOUSLY YOUNG LOOKING, I SEE"

12:23 PM

Today is Mike's 58th birthday. So I gave him a card with a Chihuahua on the front with squinting eyes saying..." still suspiciously young looking I see". I choose the card because it's true. He is, still young looking and handsome. How lucky I am. One of Mike's favorite things is "Eggs Benedict" When ever Mike sees eggs benedict on the menu he always asks if the hollandaise sauce is real. As the waitress rolls her eyes and says "of course it's real" mike continues "I mean is it homemade? , and not from a package from sysco foods" As you can see he's passionate about his food. So, this morning for his birthday I made him a simple breakfast of "Country Eggs Benedict". They are easy and delicious. But if you ask him he'll still rank the the Sheraton Place Hotel's Eggs Benedict the best in the World.



Country Eggs Benedict

I call this Country Eggs Benedict because It's simple to make and requires no special
ingredients. I use bacon instead of canadian bacon. and Instead of an english muffin I use a rustic piece of toasted french baguette. Blender Hollandaise is a snap to make. So give it try this weekend.

Blender Hollandaise

3 eggs yolks
1/4 tsp. dijon mustard
1 Tbs. lemon juice
dash tabasco sauce
1/2 cup (! cube) butter
season to taste with salt and pepper

In a blender put the eggs, mustard, lemon juice and tabasco. Blend for 5 seconds. In a glass measuring cup melt the butter in the microwave. With blender running on high pour the melted butter in as a thin stream. Sauce with thicken up and look delicious. Keep the sauce warm by putting the blender in a bowl filled with hot tap water.

Poach the eggs, fry the bacon and toast your bread. To assemble Place the bread on a plate, top with poached egg. Then add the bacon and pour on the sauce. Yum!

Makes 3-4 servings


You Might Also Like

3 comments