Chocolate chip cookies, a smores bar, & a woodland themed baby shower

7:56 AM

I was asked to help host a baby shower that looked like it literally came to life from Pinterest. One of my friends is a professional party planner and she was able to make this "woodland themed" baby shower come together perfectly.  It was complete with a trail mix station, a s'mores bar, and a woodland themed photo booth. It was amazing. 

Hand crafted smores bar with real live flame!
Even the crockpots wore flannel to match the theme.
Trail mix station as you left so guests could take home a little treat.
 
My contributions included mostly items for the s'mores bar, including homemade marshmellows. But by far the hit of the night were my chocolate chip cookies. These are the best chocolate chip cookies my husband has ever tasted. He threatened that if I didn't bring back the leftovers, to not bother coming home. 



Turn oven to 375. 3/4 cup white sugar3/4 cup packed brown sugar1 cup butter softened1 teaspoon vanilla1 egg2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt1 large handful chocolate chips 

Bake for 10 minutes and if you feel adventurous add them to a s'mores bar! I usually double this recipe and freeze half of the dough for future cookie emergencies. Enjoy! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments