Turkey Hummus Wrap

7:56 AM

Its so nice to have easy meals on hand, ready in your fridge that can be whipped up in 30 seconds. When hunger strikes, please tell me I'm not the only one who stares hopelessly in my fridge or pantry trying to decide what I'm willing to eat that is the easiest to throw together. I always have tortillas in my fridge. This week I whipped up a batch of this delicious hummus and used it all week. You can spread hummus on toast, chips, veggies, whatever you'd like. By far my favorite use for our hummus this week was this wrap. It was creamy and satisfying and like I said, super easy to make. Oh, and it's healthy too! 



Wrap Ingredients: 

1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
1/2 of an Avocado 
1/2 cup shredded turkey 
1/4 cup hummus (see recipe below) 
1/4 tsp salt 

Ok, are you ready for the super complicated directions? Spread the hummus, avocado, turkey, and salt on your tortilla and roll it up. Even my 2 year old could make this recipe! The hummus and the turkey are so filling, and the buttery avocado goes so well with it. Couldn't be more simple or delicious. 

If you prefer to make your own hummus like I do, rather than buying it, feel free to try the recipe below. You could also substitute the shredded turkey with turkey slices from the deli, or even baked chicken. The great thing about a wrap is you can be flexible and use whatever you have in the fridge! Plus this delicious hummus is so yummy you can sneak in celery, carrots, or whatever veggies you want and it won't take away from the deliciousness. 


Home Made Hummus: 

1 sixteen ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (about 6 tablespoons)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil

Add all of your ingredients except for the olive oil into a food processor and blend until smooth. While the processor is still running, slowly add your olive oil (so it can emulsify). Taste and adjust salt or acid as needed. Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments