Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

5:30 AM

I recently made these chocolate chip pumpkin cookies for some friends and they ranted and raved. Then my husband said they were the best pumpkin cookies he's ever eaten. Even my toddler wouldn't leave them alone. (Ok, and I'll admit, when I was home alone I may or may not have eaten an entire pan of them myself... Anyway, just trust me when I tell you that these are good cookies. 


Mix together in bowl:
-1/2 cup MELTED butter (melted es muy importante for the texture) 
-1/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 generous tsp vanilla
-7 tablespoons pumpkin purée 

Mix until smooth.

Then in the same bowl, add the ingredients below on top of the pumpkin mixture without stiring yet:
-1.5 cups of flour 
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp baking powder 
-1/2 tsp salt 
-1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg 
-1/4 tsp cloves 
-1 tsp cinnamon 
-1 cup chocolate chips 
Once everything is sitting in a big pile on top of your pumpkin mixture, fluff all the dry ingredients to disperse them. Then mix them into the pumpkin mixture. Do not over mix or it will negatively effect the cookie texture. Once everything is combined, chill. No, that doesn't mean sit back and relax and picture yourself on a beach, chill the dough silly! Because of the melted butter you MUST chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking. 

Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. 
Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments