Painting the underside of your kitchen table!

5:02 AM

As a parent, you are bound to get persuaded into fort building on quite a regular basis. Spending so much time underneath my kitchen table reading and pretending, gave me a great idea. My husband loves when I come up with an idea on my very own - no pinterest needed! Haha. I decided to paint a sky on the underside of our kitchen table! 


This was the perfect easy afternoon craft. You simply flip your table over and freehand whatever storms, clouds, stars, whatever your imagination can think up. And as you can see from the smudges, our son got involved too! We used acrylic paint, which is inexpensive, durable, and dries quickly. I was unsure if my son would love it, but he has spent every single day playing under our table "in his cave" since the day we painted it. It was so quick and cheap and he has gotten so much enjoyment from it. 


And the best part is, when he gets bored with it, we can simply paint over it and add new characters or scenes and it will be like new to him again! I also love that when our table is sitting in our kitchen and company comes over, my house looks perfectly clean and orderly, but there is a world of fun still available to our little man. Give it a try on your kitchen table and you won't regret it! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments