Lemon Poppy Seed Salad with Apples and Feta

5:21 AM

I love it when I make a salad and my husband goes back for seconds. That is how I can tell if its a winner or not. I actually made this salad as a side for a meal we were having. But it was so good and so filling that neither of us were hungry after we ate it! Its sweet and crunchy, with nice salty notes from the feta. I'm certain you will enjoy it. 




For the salad: 
1 head romaine lettuce
1 apple, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup cashews, lightly toasted

For the dressing: 
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/8 cup water
juice of 1/2 of lemon
zest of 1/2 of lemon
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lavender sea salt 

Wash and chop your lettuce, roast your nuts, slice your apple, assemble your salad ingredients. Wisk all your dressing ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved and the ingredients have combined. Pour over your lettuce and you are all set to go. I like to slice the other half of my lemon and add lemon wedges to the salad as well for a garnish for those that like things extra tart. 



This turned out to be a beautiful summer salad. Not only is it colorful, but its sweet and savory at the same time. That is such a winning combination. Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments