Garlic

3:38 PM

H O L Y ~ G A R L I C

Look what has popped up in my garden...GARLIC!! Garlic isn't apart of the Holy Trinity in Cajun cooking, but it's holy to me. Garlic along with onions are so intertwined in what and how I cook, I feel stifled without them. My parents were great cooks who knew how to season so well. And you might guess garlic and onions were ever present in my home growing up. So If you aren't a garlic lover or a garlic user, get on board. And come on, use the real thing. Garlic is used in many dishes , but one I love because it's so versatile is "Aloli". This is packed with flavor, and will make the ordinary hamburger or sandwich scream with flavor. Try it, you'll love it!


A I O L I
1 egg
1/2 clove garlic (1/2 tsp)
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 oz. white wine vinegar
4 oz. veg oil
1 oz. olive oil
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

In food processor or blender puree the egg yolks, garlic, mustard and vinegar until smooth and creamy. Combine oils. With motor running slowly drizzle into food processor until emulsified. Remove to a bowl and add salt and peppers. cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Can last a couple of weeks refrigerated.

Bon Appetite, Peggy



You Might Also Like

2 comments