CHEESE HEAD

6:42 PM

Another "super Bowl" has come and gone. Our dear friends the Flakes and the Kilbourns made the trek from Park City. They all say they come all that way to hang out with the Nelsons...but I have a suspicion it's the Pizza. What ever it is we love to see them each year. I think this year might be the 11th year we've all gotten together. In an earlier post I gave you my super bowl pizza recipe. This year I wanted try my hand at a red velvet cake. Rozlynn, who lives in the heart of red Velvet cake Mecca, gave me her Mother in laws recipe. I made the cake and Christie formed it into a "Cheese Head". It may look strange but tasted good

Cheers, Peggy

Pat's Red Velvet Cake

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1 cup butter milk
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vinegar
2 eggs
1 1oz bottle red food color
1 tsp, vanilla
chopped pecans (opt)

preheat oven at 350. Grease and flour pans. This recipe makes 2 8 or 9 inch rounds. I made one 9x9 square. You can also make this recipe into cupcakes. In a separate bowl mix the flour, soda, salt and cocoa. In a stand mixer cream oil with sugar, adding eggs one at a time. Next add vinegar and vanilla. Alternate dry ingredients with butter milk. At the very end add the food coloring. Cook 25-30 minutes. keep checking making sure not to over cook. Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting. This cake would be perfect for valentines day.

You Might Also Like

3 comments