CHERRY SEASON !

8:14 PM

I love cherries. Every year in July I hoard them, and scarf them down. They can cause occasional intestinal upset, but they are well worth the discomfort. When I was a kid you got the occasional double cherry stem. My sister Bonnie and I would wear them as earrings. I loved watching my mother using a washed bobby pin as a cherry pitter (try it) Cherries and summer go together, and so does Lavender and cherries. I have a wonderful savory dish using cherries and lavender. Check out my older blog using Lavender and Cherries in a caramelized dessert dish. What ever you do go out and eat some cherries...they'll soon be gone.


Bon Appetite , Peggy


LAVENDER CHERRY CHICKEN

4 boneless/skinless chicken breast
salt/ pepper/ herb de provence
2 tsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped shallot or sweet onion
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cups fresh pitted cherries chopped
1 tsp. dried Lavender or 2 tsp. fresh
1 Tbs. honey
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbs. unsalted butter cut into pieces

In a skillet add butter. Salt, pepper and season chicken breast. Saute chicken breast until nicely browned, and barley cooked through. (I like to pound my chicken thin to speed up cooking time) Remove chicken from the pan. Add a little more butter if needed. Add garlic and onions, saute for 1 minute. Add wine, stock, cherries, honey , lavender and thyme. Cook until cherries are soft and a nice thick sauce is formed. Stir in butter 1 Tablespoon at a time until incorporated. Return chicken back into the pan with any juices. Warm chicken in sauce for about 1 minutes or so. Adjust seasonings and serve. Serves 4


You Might Also Like

2 comments