LAST ONE STANDING

7:07 PM

This is Goldie, one very lucky chicken. Being a novice farmer, watching movies like "Charlottes WEb" or "Babe" I thought or dreamed all farms animals got along. I had visions of my chickens roaming my garden eating all the bad bugs, dropping little fertilizers drops... enter DOGS ! I thought I could train my dogs to love chicken too. But after 5 dead, one missing I realized you can't train a bird dog not to kill birds. I was disappoints when the last chicken flew out of the coop in a freak accident and my gentle Zesus killed that one. So you see why Goldie is so lucky. Tomorrow I'm headed to buy 3 more chicken. You may ask, why is she getting more? simple I like chicken and Goldie is lonely. Keep your fingers crossed these survive.



I don't plan on eating these chicken, but keeping them for eggs. In the future I do hope to raise eating chickens. Here is a very tasty chicken recipe that is great for summer barbecues. Of course there is Lavender in it. I used "The Lavender Apples" house blend of Herbs de Provence. Herbs de Provence is a traditional blend of herbs used in Provence. Along with lavender this herb mixture has, fennel, basil, oregano, sage, savory and more. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Bon Appetite, Peggy

HERB DE PROVENCE MARINADE FOR CHICKEN OR FISH

4 chicken breast

1 Tbs. Herb de provence
4 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
8 Tbs. olive oil
2 gloves garlic, crushed
1/2-1 tsp. teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 tsp. sea salt

Combine all ingredients. Marinade chicken or fish for at least 2 hours. Grill chicken or fish until tender and cooked through, basting frequently with marinade. Or can be baked uncovered in the oven.

You Might Also Like

2 comments