Healthy Cookies

5:25 AM


Did you ever see the recipe on this blog for our Kitchen Sink Cookies? They are oh so good. I love them because they are packed full of healthy ingredients like omega 3's and lots of protein.  I am such a cookie lover, and these kitchen sink cookies are seriously my favorite. Since I'm a cookie person, I realized that I needed to start baking healthier versions of all of my favorites. This meant, less butter, less sugar, and more healthy ingredients added. Today we are featuring an adapted version of our beloved kitchen sink cookie recipe. I'm simply calling these Healthy Cookies. They are full of healthy ingredients, but also lower in fat and sugar than a traditional cookie. They have several kinds of fruit, flax, and nuts. You can munch on these and actually feel good about it! They will fix your cookie craving and do it in a way that is not completely bad for you. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 mashed banana
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter room temp
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 cup flax
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups Cornflakes or Branflakes 
1 cup coconut 
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1/2 cup raisins 
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. You want them just barely golden on the outside edge. If you use a cookie scoop, you should get about 45 cookies from this recipe. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments