Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

5:32 AM

Does using a crock pot feel like cheating to you? It totally does to me. But with a busy 3 year old son and an always gone medical student for a husband, I'm often running around very busy around dinner time. Crock pot meals typically won't yield the depth of flavor I want when I cook. But on days when your time and sanity is short, having a few good crock pot meals you can count on can really save the day. Today's recipe is a super simple fool proof crock pot asian orange chicken. 


Ingredients: 
4 chicken breasts (frozen is fine) 
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
1/3 cup orange marmalade
3 tablespoons soy sauce 
1 1/2 cup white rice
1 head brocoli

Directions: Place your chicken breasts in the crock pot on high for 2 hours until cooked. Cut your chicken into bite sized peices and drain the juice.  Place back in crock pot. Add your barbecue sauce, marmalade, soy sauce, and cook for an additional 1 hour on high. Mix with steamed brocoli and serve over white rice. 


This meal is satisfying, simple, and a sanity saver. Please don't judge me for using my crock pot. Bust yours out once in awhile. I promise you'll like it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments